B. Nisol, S. Watson, Y. Leblanc, S. Moradinejad, M. R. Wertheimer, A. Zamyadi (Accepted Nov. 2018) Cold plasma oxidation of harmful algae and associated metabolite BMAA toxin in aqueous suspension. Plasma Processes and Polymers.
F. Choo, A. Zamyadi, R. Stuetz, G. Newcombe, K. Newton, R. Henderson (Accepted Oct. 2018 - 2019) Enhanced real-time cyanobacterial fluorescence monitoring through chlorophyll-a interference compensation corrections. Water Research, 148, 86-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2018.10.034
H. Almuhtaram, Y. Cui, A. Zamyadi, R. Hofmann (2018) Cyanotoxins and cyanobacteria cell accumulations in drinking water treatment plants with a low risk of bloom formation at the source. Toxins, 10(11), 430. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins10110430
A. Zamyadi, R. K. Henderson, K. Newton, J. C. Neto, G. Newcombe (2018) Assessment of water treatment process empirical model predictions for management of aesthetic and health risks associated with cyanobacteria. MDPI Water, 10(5), 590. https://doi.org/10.3390/w10050590
F. Choo, A. Zamyadi, K. Newton, G. Newcombe, L. Bowling, R. Stuetz, R.K Henderson (2018 – In press) Performance evaluation of in situ fluorometers for real time cyanobacterial monitoring. IWA H2Open Water Journal. https://doi.org/10.2166/h2oj.2018.009
H. Tijani, A. Yuzir, W. R. Zana Wan Dagang, A. Zamyadi, N. Abdullah (2018) Multi-parametric modelling and kinetic sensitivity of microalgal cells. Algal Research, 32, 259–269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.algal.2018.04.009
A. Faruqi, M. Henderson, R.K. Henderson, R. Stuetz, B. Gladman, B. McDowall, A. Zamyadi (2018) Removal of algal taste and odour compounds by granular and biological activated carbon in full-scale water treatment plants. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, 17(6). 1-14. https://doi.org/10.2166/ws.2018.001
- Y. Huang, H. Zhang, A. Zamyadi, S. Andrews, R. Hofmann (2017) Predicting the impact of the removal of THMs and other DBPs through aeration on drinking water cytotoxicity and genotoxicity. Journal – American Water Works Association (JAWWA), 109(10), 13-21. https://doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2017.109.0115
- J. Naceradska, M. Pivokonsky, L. Pivokonska, M. Baresova, R. K. Henderson, A. Zamyadi, V. Janda (2017) The impact of pre-oxidation with potassium permanganate on cyanobacterial organic matter removal by coagulation. Water Research, 114, 42-49.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2017.02.029
- A. Zamyadi, F. Choo, G. Newcombe, R. Stuetz, R. K. Henderson (2016) A review of in situ multi-wavelength fluorometers for real-time management of cyanobacteria: recent advances and future direction. Trends in Analytical Chemistry (TrAC), 85, 83-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2016.06.023
- L. C. Bowling, A. Zamyadi, R. K. Henderson (2016) Assessment of in situ fluorometry to measure cyanobacterial resence in water bodies with diverse cyanobacterial populations. Submitted to Water Research, 105, 22-33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2016.08.051
- P. Pazouki, M. Prevost, N. McQuiad, B. barbeau, M-L. de Boutray, A. Zamyadi, S. Dorner (2016) Breakthrough of cyanobacteria in bank filtration. Water Research, 102, 170-179: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2016.06.037
- A. Zamyadi, R. K. Henderson, R. Stuetz, G. Newcombe, K. Newton, B. Gladman (2016) Cyanobacterial management in full-scale water treatment and recycling processes: Reactive dosing following intensive monitoring. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology, 2, 362-375: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5ew00269a.
- J. Li, A. Zamyadi, R. Hofmann (2015) Effect of Granular Activated Carbon Type and Age on Quenching H2O2 Residuals after UV/H2O2 Drinking Water Treatment. Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology – AQUA, : http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/aqua.2015.134.
- A. Zamyadi, R. Henderson, R. Stuetz, R. Hofmann, L. Ho, G. Newcombe (2015). Fate of geosmin and 2-methylisoborneol in full-scale water treatment plants. Water Research, 83, 171-183: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2015.06.038
- A. Zamyadi, E. Sawade, L. Ho, G. Newcombe, R. Hofmann (2015) Impact of UV–H2O2 Advanced Oxidation and Aging Processes on GAC Capacity for the Removal of Cyanobacterial Taste and Odour Compounds. Environmental Health Insights, 9 (Suppl. 3), 1-10.
- R.K. Henderson, Y. Shutova, A. Baker, A. Zamyadi, P. Le-Clech, A. Branch, G. Newcombe, S. Khan, R. Stuetz (2015). Fluorescence: State-of-the-art monitoring for water treatment systems. Water: Journal of the Australian Water Association, 42(2), 108-113: http://digitaledition.awa.asn.au/?iid=117123&startpage=page0000110#folio=110
- A. Zamyadi, L. A. Coral, B. Barbeau, S. Dorner, F. R. Lapolli and M. Prévost (2015) Fate of toxic cyanobacterial genera from natural bloom events during ozonation. Water Research, 73, 204-215:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2015.01.029
M. Ndong, D.F. Bird, T. Nguyen-Quang, M.L. Deboutray, A. Zamyadi, B. Vinçon-Leite, B. J. Lemaire, M. Prévost and S. Dorner (2014) Estimating the risk of cyanobacterial occurrence using an index integrating meteorological factors: application to drinking water production. Water Research, 56, 98-108: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2014.02.023
A. Zamyadi, S. Dorner, M. Ndong, D. Ellis, A. Bolduc, C. Bastien and M. Prévost (2014) Application of in vivo measurements for management of cyanobacterial cells breakthrough into drinking water treatment plants. Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts (Formerly the Journal of Environmental Monitoring), 16, 313-323: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2014/em/c3em00603d#!divAbstract
A. Zamyadi, S. Dorner, M. Ndong, D. Ellis, A. Bolduc, C. Bastien and M. Prévost (2013) Potentially-toxic cyanobacterial accumulation inside treatment plants fed by low-risk-bloom sources. Journal – American Water Works Association (JAWWA), Vol. 105: http://www.awwa.org/publications/journal-awwa/abstract/articleid/39308137.aspx
P. B. Fayad, A. Zamyadi, R. Broseus, M. Prévost and S. Sauvé (2013) Degradation of progestagens by oxidation with potassium permanganate in wastewater effluents. Journal Chemistry Central, Vol. 7(1), 84: http://www.journal.chemistrycentral.com/content/7/1/84/abstract
L. A. Coral, A. Zamyadi, B. Barbeau, F. J. Bassetti, F. R. Lapolli and M. Prévost (2013) Oxidation of Microcystis aeruginosa and Anabaena flos-aquae by ozone: impacts on cell integrity and disinfection by-product formation. Water Research, Vol. 47 (9), pp: 2983-2994: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0043135413001711
- A. Zamyadi, S. Dorner, S. Sauvé, D. Ellis, A. Bolduc, C. Bastien and M. Prévost (2013) Species-dependence of cyanobacteria removal efficiency by different drinking water treatment processes. Water Research, Vol. 47 (8), pp: 1080-1090: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0043135413001449
- A. Zamyadi, Y. Fan, R. I. Daly and M. Prévost (2013) Chlorination of Microcystis aeruginosa: Toxin release and oxidation, cellular chlorine demand and disinfection by-products formation. Water Research, Vol. 47 (3), pp: 1080-1090: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0043135412008433
- A. Zamyadi, N. McQuaid, S. Dorner, D. F. Bird, M. Burch, P. Baker, P. Hobson and M. Prévost (2012) Cyanobacterial detection using in vivo fluorescence probes: managing interferences for improved decision-making. Journal - American Water Works Association (JAWWA), Vol. 104: http://www.awwa.org/publications/journal-awwa/abstract/articleid/32181155.aspx
- A. Zamyadi, S. L. MacLeod, Y. Fan, N. McQuaid, S. Dorner, S. Sauvé and M. Prévost (2012). Toxic cyanobacterial breakthrough and accumulation in a drinking water plant: a monitoring and treatment challenge. Water Research, Vol. 46 (5), pp: 1511-1523: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0043135411006841
- A. Zamyadi, G. Newcombe, L. Ho, H. Bustamante and M. Prévost(2012) Fate of toxic cyanobacterial cells and disinfection by-products formation after chlorination. Water Research, Vol. 46 (5), pp: 1524-1535: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0043135411003642
- A. Zamyadi, N. McQuaid, M. Prévost and S. Dorner (2012) Monitoring of potentially toxic cyanobacteria using an online multi-probe in drinking water sources. Journal of Environmental Monitoring, Vol. 14, pp: 579-588: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2012/em/c1em10819k
- N. McQuaid, A. Zamyadi, M. Prévost, D. F. Bird and S. Dorner (2011) Use of in vivo phycocyanin fluorescence to monitor potential microcystin-producing cyanobacterial biovolume in a drinking water source. Journal of Environmental Monitoring, Vol. 13, pp: 455-463: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2011/EM/c0em00163e
- A. Zamyadi, G. Newcombe, L. Ho, R. I. Daly, M. Burch, P. Baker and M. Prévost (2010) Release and oxidation of cell-bound Saxitoxins during chlorination of Anabaena circinalis cells. Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 44, No. 23, pp: 9055–9061: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es102130b
- A. Carrière, M. Prévost, A. Zamyadi, P. Chevalier and B. Barbeau (2010) Vulnerability of Quebec drinking-water treatment plants to cyanotoxins in a climate change context. Journal of Water and Health, © IWA Publishing, Vol. 08.3, pp: 455-465: http://www.iwaponline.com/jwh/008/jwh0080455.htm
- A. Zamyadi, J. Gallichand and M. Duchemin (2007) Comparison of methods for estimating sediment and nitrogen loads from a small agricultural watershed. Canadian Biosystems Engineering, Vol. 49, pp: 1.27-1.36: http://www.csbe-scgab.ca/publications/cbe-journal/3687-comparison-of-methods-for-estimating-sediment-and-nitrogen-loads-from-a-small-agricultural-watershed